Simple and elegant – just what you want for a fast weeknight dinner or a potluck wowzer.
Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo
Original recipe here
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb dried pasta, such as fusilli, penne, fettuccine, or linguine
- 2 T coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onion and sauté until translucent and soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in the peppers, cream, cheese, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Use immersion blender and blend until smooth; set aside. Add the pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook until al dente according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot. Add the pepper sauce and toss to combine. If needed, add the reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time to loosen the sauce so that the pasta is evenly coated. Sprinkle with the basil and more Parmesan and serve immediately.
This freezes very well.