People love to hate Sandra Lee. I choose to love her because of recipes like this, designed to come together quickly and tastes good.
Sesame Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 2 pkg who grain brown ready rice
- 2 t. dark sesame oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 oz cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp (I used leftover cocktail shrimp)
- 1 T. Tabasco spicy soy sauce
In a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, stir-fry for 1 minute. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes more. Make a well in the center of the rice. Add sesame oil to the center of the well; heat. Add eggs; stir-fry until scrambled. Stir to combine eggs with rice. Add shrimp and soy sauce. Heat through. Garnish with chopped green onions.
* Adapted from original found in Sandra Lee’s Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals.