I am overwhelmed at the moment by my professional and personal life. Too many major deadlines, a slow economy (equals more work for the marking gal), preparing for life changes (buying a home)…it’s killing me.
So I’ve come up with a few modern guidelines to keep me on track for the next few months:
- Thou Shalt do your timesheet daily. Accept that you will not remember what you did on any given day within 30 minutes of leaving the office.
- Thou Shalt diligently write a task list. If it’s not on the list, it’s not happening.
- Thou Shalt Not check work email at 5 am and 9:30 pm. It’s not really helpful.
- Thou Shalt remember to feed the kitties in the morning when you have an evening meeting.
- Thou Shalt make one last round to ensure that all candles are blown out before going to bed. Add to that list – remember to turn on the dishwasher and the coffee pot.
- Thou Shalt Not give in the your urge to procrastinate. Even if it can be done later, it probably won’t.
- Thou Shalt Not growl at the lazy son-of-a-guns who seem to cruise stress-free through their days. Shouting “Do some real work, why don’t you?!” doesn’t make anyone feel good.
- Thou Shalt continue going to the gym. It really helps with stress relief.
Are there any guidelines that you think I’ve missed?