We attended two big anniversary celebrations this past weekend in Tyler, Texas. The first marked the 50th wedding anniversary of my sister-in-law’s in-laws. The second marked the 160th anniversary of First Baptist Church Tyler. Those are some impressive numbers!!!
Overall, we had a good time. Things I will remember (in no particular order):
- My sister-in-law shouting “ONE MORE SONG!” to the band as the party wore down.
- My brother-in-law leading the conga line.
- Learning how to dance the jitterbug with my father-in-law.
- Watching my husband dance for hours despite having a marathon training run in the morning.
- Finding out that a family member of a family member is in the shoe business!!
- Hugging our dear friend, Margaret, widow of Kelly’s mentor, Zane.
- Saying, “Hi! It’s great to see you, too!!!” and whispering afterwards, “Do you know them? I don’t either!”
- Noticing that not all men are afraid to wear seersucker suits.
- Getting a new plant to replace the now-tossed onion plant on my desk at work.