Spring has sprung in Texas. Actually winter was a complete miss, but now that plants are budding I’m declaring it Official Spring!
Regardless, I crave lighter things in spring – cold cereal, juices for breakfast, salads and fresh-squeezed limeade. This salad strikes the perfect balance between filling and light.
Tuna White Bean Salad
Inspired by this but heavily adapted.
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained, rinsed and warmed
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced and then quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered, depending on their size
- 2 packages single-serve albacore tuna
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Set aside. In a medium bowl, gently mix together the warmed beans (here’s why you should warm them), cucumber, tomatoes and tuna. Drizzle the dressing on top and gently mix again to coat the salad.