I made these stuffed mini peppers for New Recipe Dinner Club (every dish shared has to be a “new recipe”). Then I couldn’t go because of a last-minute work meeting, which meant Kelly and I had lots of mini peppers to eat.
And it turns out, that was a-ok because these are amazing. I had to make another batch less than a week later.
Stuffed Mini Peppers
Original recipe here
- 2/3 c warm water
- 1/3 c uncooked grain (recipe calls for bulgar, but I’ve used both buckwheat and quinoa)
- 1/4 c chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 c minced red onion
- 1/4 c golden raisins (recipe calls for dried currants)
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 t grated lemon rind
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 3/8 t kosher salt
- Queso fresco, crumbled (recipe calls for feta, which Kelly hates)
- 12 mini sweet peppers, halved
Prepare grain. Meanwhile, combine parsley and the next 7 ingredients (except cheese). Stir in grain. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture into each pepper half. Top with light dusting of crumbled cheese.