My friend Jules makes amazing Cajun food. She should – her family comes from that neck of the woods. My guy loves Jules’ etouffee and she kindly came to our house one day with a batch – and a recipe – in exchange for some of our great homemade ice cream.
- 1.5 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 packets of crawfish (approx 2 lb)
- 1.5 cans cream of celery soup
- Seafood stock (as needed)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Creole seasoning (to taste)
- Dried parsley (to taste)
Melt butter. Saute onion, bell pepper and celery. Add crawfish and cook five minutes. Add soup and remaining ingredients. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.