I couldn’t believe it when I found a recipe for Aloo Gobi (a classic Indian cauliflower and potato curry dish) that is prepared using the crock pot instead several hours of standing over the stovetop.
Sure enough, it’s simple and easy to prepare.
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed and sliced (and deseeded if preferred)
- 1 T cumin seeds
- 1 T cayenne pepper
- 1 T garam masala
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 t turmeric
- 3 T canola or vegetable oil
- 1 heaping T fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
We enjoyed our aloo gobi with chicken tikka masala (made with premade masala sauce mixed with shredded rotisserie chicken) and rice. All in all a simple weeknight meal.
I think I might be getting the hang of this arrive-home-late-cook-an-amazing-meal thing.