A former boss of mine loved the book Don’t Squat with Your Spurs On.
(Bonus points to Kenya friends who can Name.That.Boss.)
The book is full of cowboy wisdom for daily living. With that in mind, consider this list Shannah’s wisdom garnered over the last week.
- Always double check anything printed that is important enough to be sent via FedEx. Then triple and quadruple check it.
- Never reprint an important file from the printer queue if you’ve corrected an error. You will accidentally reprint the incorrect file, not the correct version.
- The correct ratio of people to need and/or want to review an email is 1:65 (1 reviewer for every 65 recipients).
- Always hydrate before running. If you’re going to run at 7 pm in 90% humidity and you haven’t spent most of the day racing to the restroom, you haven’t hydrated enough.
- If you have scheduled a necessary day off (as in, must take off not want to take off), you will have two deadlines pop up for the same day.