My Facebook feed seemed filled with thankfulness during November – a daily “thankfulness” project that many of my friends participated in.
I didn’t. But that didn’t mean I wasn’t thankful. I was just overwhelmed…maybe a little too overwhelmed and distressed to think about being thankful.
However, things have slowed down a bit and I thought today was as good as any to think about some of the things that made me feel thankful this past week:
- Friends and family who care for us.
- My sweet husband who speaks my love language (words of affirmation) – you don’t need two hands for that!
- Andrew Peterson’s Behold the Lamb of God album.
- My amazingly talented team at work.
- Christmas music in general.
- Plenty of energy to get through the week despite a terrible case of insomnia.
- Coconut milk eggnog.
- Time to file some of the out-of-control paper stacks on my desk.
- Colder weather that kept me from sweating when furbabies slept on my chest all night.