Yes, US Post Office, I’m talking about you. I know why you are going out of business – it’s really five simple issues.
5. Shout at customers standing in line “NEXT PLEASE. I’M TALKING TO YOU – NEXT!!” Nothing like feeling devalued and handing over money for the privilege.
4. Don’t restock supplies, forcing customers to wait in line for priority flat rate boxes, express envelopes and the like.
3. Have employees who are incapable of providing basic information, like standard mailbox height and setbacks.
2. Refuse to tidy up the facility. Overflowing rubbish bins and dirty counters are sure to convey that “get in, get out” feeling.
1. Don’t care about your customers. Take your lunch break when your customers are on their lunch break and trying to run errands…like going to the post office.