Rice Krispie treat, you are so wonderful.
You have marshmallow. You have Rice Krispies. What’s not too love?
But when you are layered with a thin strip of caramel, you become not of this world. You aren’t just a trigger food.
You are the ultimate trigger food.
- The treat tells you that one thin strip doesn’t have any calories
- The treat knows you can’t eat just one strip.
- The treat entices you with its rice-krispiness, its marshmallow-gooeyness, its caramel stretchiness.
- The treat tells you that you must have another strip.
- The treat knows that you will surreptitiously have strip after another strip until you find all of the calories lurking to attack you when you are most vulnerable – treat in mouth, knife in hand.
My mom absolutely must make a pan of these for me to take back to North Texas.I just need one pan. I swear that’s all I need. I can control my snacking. Really – just give me the pan.Really. Give me the pan and no one in this family will get hurt.