I love the book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Not only is it a cute story, but it echoes my life all-too-often. Now I know that I am sometimes accused of being overly dramatic, but I promise you that it’s the truth! In fact, If I had found time to type about last week, I probably would have titled this post It’s a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Redux. What a bummer.
- Their lackadaisical attitude towards work – I mean, how many soda breaks do 5 guys need? And do they have to be all at the same time?
- Their apparent incompetence – evidenced by my raised car hood (for over an hour). How many people think a tire is kept under the hood? I sure don’t…
- I still have pain so I have to go to the doctor’s office – good-bye 3 hours of my life! Wish I could have known you…
- I burned Kelly’s breakfast – who knew the bagel would brown that fast?
- We left 30 minutes late for work, putting us in the beginnings of rush hour – I hate Dallas traffic!
- Yet another marketing friend in my field emailed looking for work post-layoff. These are tough times in the real estate world.