I think there is a perfect Starbucks beverage for every moment in life:
- Slow morning with the newspaper – French Roast with light sugar and steamed milk
- Bad day at the office and I need a break – skinny hazelnut latte
- It’s freezing outside – caramel macchiato
- Let’s go look at holiday lights – peppermint mocha
- Not enough sleep and forgot to brew at home – triple shot latte, no sugar
- Girfriend get together and chat – Tazo passion shaken tea
- I promise not to eat dessert later – mocha frappuccino
- It’s a long day at the office but too hot to drink coffee – iced brewed coffee
Is Starbucks the evil coffee empire, knocking the little coffee shop out of business? Perhaps. However, when I travel I know that I’ll get consistent quality at a Starbucks. I know what to expect in taste. I know how to order and get what I want. These are important things to me.
I like our local small coffee shop as well and love to give them business. If they would set up a branch right by my office, I’ll stop in there as well. But until then, it’s Starbucks for me!
This was taped to our office coffee machine when I got to work this morning:
I’m sold on it! By the way, my company proudly brews Starbucks: House Blend, Sumatra and decaf.