Kelly and I have had some pretty awesome vacations.
- Hiking the Grand Canyon
- Cruising through Glacier National Park
- Enjoying a tart and coffee on the streets of Paris
- Touring the U.S. Capitol
- Seeing Mt Rushmore
- Touring the Guinness Factory in Dublin
- Visiting the Liberty Bell
- Walking through Paul Revere’s home
- Dodging Scottish midgies on the golf course
- Enjoying once-a-day-spa and massages in Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Climbing Dunn’s River Falls in Jamaica
Too much fun. We dream and plan, then plan and dream some more. It’s a process for us – lots of time spent on the front-end so we can maximize the relaxation on the “during.”
This year we decided we wanted a vacation that was more low-key. Ok, we wanted a vacation that was more low-budget. So we decided to be tourists in Kansas. You CAN be a tourist in Kansas! We’re playing golf, visiting a presidential museum, exploring a National Park and visiting with family.
However, it’s now Day Four of vacation and we seem to have an unexpected theme to our vacation:
- Enduring severe weather and waiting for tornados
It’s not what we expected, nor what we planned for. Who wants rain on vacation, let alone thunder, hail and severe weather alerts sounding off all night?
We will both be really mad if we can’t get in our planned three rounds of golf this week.